This is the first year I am not looking forward to traveling to Mississippi for the fall/winter season. If our trailer wasn’t already there, we probably would not be going at all. We do love it there - that’s not the issue - it’s just moving and traveling so much this year; we just want to stay put for a while.
But we will be heading out in just about 3 weeks.
Normally by now, I would be in full planning-packing mode. I have been thinking about it- that’s as far as I’ve gotten this year.
I plan to keep it simple. Not pack too much or bring too much. The trip is exactly 400 miles from our home now - a straight shot on route 10 - it will be easy and we will try to do it in one day.
We are planning to sell the trailer while in Mississippi. There is no need to travel south anymore and I think our towing days are behind us now. Our biggest concern is how the trailer faired over the summer months. Though we had covered it before we left, we were notified by the campground, winds had caused the cover to shred; they removed it. There was also a lot of rain and water is the enemy of RVs. So- we are concerned about its condition.
We are not sure how long we will stay in Mississippi this year. That is totally up in the air. We will see how things go.
Meanwhile… on the Texas home front
we have our Texas drivers licenses, license plates, insurances, EZ-tag, doctor and library cards. We are starting to get a good feel for the area and everything is very accessible.
Our first renovation is complete and I’m waiting to get a quote on phase 2 which will be the kitchen. It will be almost identical to the layout of my previous kitchen. That project will happen once we return home.
The weather has been extremely consistent; hot and humid everyday. Today it actually feels less humid and is very nice out. You get used to it fairly quick; I personally like living in shorts and tank tops.
We’ve been trying many restaurants; there are A LOT to choose from! Last night we went with the family to a Halal Chinese Restaurant. It was delicious!
Friends Arlene and Jerrel visited us this past Monday. It was so nice seeing them again after reconnecting 5 years ago when we wintered in Bandera, TX. Who would have ever thought we’d be neighbors one day!
Today I’m just going to hang out and do nothing in particular. I’m sure I’ll be puttering around finding something to do, plus I’m actually reading a book!
Next time…. I’ll be writing from Mississippi!
No comments:
Post a Comment